Wednesday, February 1, 2012

I AM SOOO COOL! -not.

Nyeh, parang hindi naman cool. *major slapface*
I WANT TO SHARE to you a few things from a chapter of this book I have started reading just today. This book was given to me by a really cool friend and brother of mine, Jonathan Wong as a Christmas present. (thanks, bro!) Yup, and I just started reading it today. lols

Yeah, so it's called, Every Teenager's Little Black Book by Blaine Bartel.

Okay. I wanna get to the point now. 

Have you asked yourself, "Am I cool?" Mr. Bartel, the founder and youth pastor of Thrive Communications, has given 5 reflection points to know that you aren't cool. 

1.) If you constantly live in self-pity, looking to get attention, you are not cool.

2.) If you try to impress people with your money, possessions and accomplishments, you are not cool.

3.) If you are sharp-tongued, gossipy, and critical of others, then you are not cool. 

4.) If you only treat people you like and know with love and respect, you are not cool. 

5.) If you spend the majority of the time thinking about yourself,   having little regard for Christ and others, you are not cool. 

I bet that there are some people in your little world who, at the least, always try to impress YOU in some ways, or maybe you've experiencED trying to impress others, and at the same time telling yourself, "Grabe. I'm sooOO cool." with that matching humble attitude. Well, I'm not saying that I haven't tried doing this; I sometimes, am guilty of this too. Mistah Blaine wants us to know that cool people don't have to WORK just to impress you. Then he reminds us of points and verses from the Bible that helps us reflect on instances that makes us definitely UNcool:


You are not cool when you TALK ABOUT YOURSELF  most of the time.
"Let another man praise you, and not your own mouth." -(Prov. 27:2 NKJV)

You are not cool because of HOW you walk or WHAT you WEAR.
You are accepted and favored because of the good person you are, NOT the perception you try to create.

It is definitely not cool to live a life of sin and personal pleasure.
The Bible warns us, "The way of the transgressors is hard." (Prov 13:15)

It is not cool to make others feel SMALL by putting them down with your WORDS. 
Remember the law of sowing and reaping? If you don't, click here.

Feeling ko ang redundant ko na. (insert sad face here.)

Now I bet you're asking yourself, "eh, I don't wan't to be cool naman." or "Now why should I be cool? I wanna stay the same, my own, normal, averagely cool and simple life."

eh. *slapface.* GOD WANTS YOU TO BE COOL KAYA!

He wants you to be cool. 

He wants you to be accepted. 

And He definitely wants you to be favored

Ah, I think you're uncertain tuloy. Want proof? READ Proverbs 3:3-4. promise? Isapuso. Dali! 

I think that kuya Blaine's bottomline is that cool people are the ones who have the ability to influence others for good. He even says that, when you become 'cool', you can easily witness others about your faith, and bring them to the saving love of Christ. Cool people can stand up for the truth, being the right one among all odds, and that they don't need everyone to agree with them or even like them. Likable na nga kasi sila. I'm kinda running out of ideas, and I think that when you become a cool person, you can do lotsa and lotsa things. Like, being cool. (anu daw.) HAHA!

There are lotsa things you can act upon so that you could become cool. Mr. Blaine says, That's:

when you stand up for what is right;
when you reach out to the needy or the UNCOOL;
when you freely admit your shortcomings and move with Godly confidence; and
when you PUT GOD FIRST in your words, actions and plans.

SO, WHATCHACHA waitin' for? GET COOL!

end.



All the credits to:

Bartel, Blaine, (2008) Every Teenager's Little Black Book, Christian Literature Crusade, Valenzuela City,       Metro Manila, (pp.3-9)

3 comments:

  1. "If you are sharp-tongued, gossipy, and critical of others, then you are not cool."

    bro,sakto.hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. hahahahha! :D tagos eh.wouch. haha :O i wanna tag. ;)

      Delete
    2. eto pa:
      "You are not cool when you TALK ABOUT YOURSELF most of the time."

      go COOLot...

      Delete