Tuesday, November 29, 2011

How Do You Deal With Losing Someone You Love?

I have been watching this TV Series called, "One Tree Hill." Yes, you can call me the out-of-date-dude, because this TV series has been already airing a couple of years ago. I've heard about this when I was in high school, but I chose not to watch it, neither have I at least, paid attention to it, because everyone says that it's one of the TV Drama-part categories. Back then, those weren't just my type.

Well, to make my nonsense explanation short, I finally decided to download the first season in my laptop just this past three weeks and watch. Believe it or not, after those three, academic weeks, I am now on Season 3.

There was one line on the script that Mouth, one of the casts, said that made me stare blank on my laptop screen for minutes. Mouth asked coach Whitey, "How do you deal with losing someone you love?"

I asked myself that question after hearing Mouth say it. How should I deal with my world by the time I lose someone I love? OR, I wonder how I have dealt with it in the past?

Just so you know, this lost, loved one thingie is not family-related. LOL.

As the episode ended with the credits rolling on, bla bla, I  stared at the ceiling, trying to rewind-and-replay the past-- thinking about the bad (well, fine: and good) memories that I have made with the person I HAVE lovED the most back then. I have also thought about how terrible the times were when I was in the stage of actually losing her, having that mere thought that she's now out of my life. She's not dead, of course, or anything. She's just gone. Lost, as they say.

Some people say that whenver they had to deal with times like this, they would just simply cry it out to their friends for a little while, and let em go.  My other friends say that a shot or two, from the Gin or Whisky bottle always serves as the trick. Some say, they would slit their wrists, or do drugs. Some say that they'd go really crazy, as in, becoming mentally ill, and that death would be the only door out. Others say that it's gonna be the combination of everything written above.

Well, I might say that I haven't exactly done any of those things. I think. But back then, (well, just this summer, lol)  there came a time when I experienced drinking five 500mg Tylenol tablets when depression came over me. The doctor usually advises me to drink only half a tablet (250mg) whenever I get headaches and/or body aches.They were actually pain killers, not 'hurt' killers. I thought that it should do the trick. HAHA. I didn't actually intend to kill myself, (honestly, I was scared, but I didnt care anyway) but at that time, I was just hoping to feel, numb at least, from the hurts in my world and the world around me. Literally. Or I was hoping that I'd rather become unconscious, or in a coma after drinking the meds. After that, everything would be dramatically tragic.

At that time, I was out of school, I had no REAL friends around, I felt far away, homesick, rather, from the church and my authentic family, I felt far from God, I had family problems, no. parents-and-son problems, I had the negative-type of anxiety of not getting back into college, and a lot of other shallow quandries that continued to pop out.

It was also the time when I lost that someone I loved.

(kunwari dramatic na daw. HAHA. plays dramatic music... O_O )

You may laugh at me right now, because nothing happened after I drank those pain killers. I waited and waited. The next day, I drank another five. But still, nothing happened.
 It was a trying-to-be-an-emo-person-FAIL. I figured that 5 tablets havent been strong enough to alter anything that worked in my body. (well, not that I know of...)
Then I figured that even if I drank another five tablets--plus five, the anxiety, pain, depression, or whatever you call it, is still there.

I'll just have to deal with it. again.

but, how?

 now, this is the part where I type the words, "I gave everything to God."

And when I say, "everything," I really mean the whole thing. Sometimes, all you have to do is surrender everything to God, which includes your hurts and pains, the joys and the happiness, the drama, and the trauma. naks.

And with it, what you need is faith and trust. Then let God do the comforting and the work.


Who says He'll leave you?

Yes, you may lose someone who you really love in this world, but I assure you that you'll never lose the One Who loves you from the very start, even if it seems that you were the one who got lost from Him.

Ikaw, How do you deal with losing the person you love? :)

2 comments: